CONT: Was High Idle..., Now pulsating idle....

Sonic Druid wrote:

> From: Sonic Druid <s_druid@mindspring.com>
>
>  Well, after a little toying with the car....82 VW Scirocco with a high
> idle problem after an
> "Air Bypass Valve" was replaced.....I narrowed the problem down a bit...
>   I found some rewiring had been done here and there....and considering
> that it was Mid-Winter
> at the time - the other problems didn't make themselves known.
>   I ran the car between "Goodyear" and "Scandia Motors" after supposed
> separate problems
>  kept coming up.    One got fixed and another turned up since I didn't get
> everything done at
> the same place when the original problems occurred.
>
>   I noticed the Digital Idle Stabilizer had been removed and terminals
> wired together,  part of
>  the exhaust system had been modified,  my lights had been rewired,  leads
> to the oxygen
>  sensor thermo-timing had been broken and rewired wrong, and not to mention
> other tampering
>  that I noticed when the car had been locked - "Fuel Cap removed from Gas
> Tank", " Glove
>  Compartment  left open", "Air Bleed out of Tires every now and then".....
>   For all that I know, all of the above could very well be the result of
> tampering.....
>
>   My address is:
>       1295 Franklin Drive
>        Apt. F-3
>        Marietta, Georgia
>          30067
>
>   and maybe somebody could also confirm the fact that this is not really a
> safe neighborhood...
>
>    Problems usually occur after the ground crew comes in with the "Leaf
> Blowing devices" and
>  of course you wouldn't be able to hear your alarm system go off with that
> much noise going.
>
>    Anyway, now the problem is that the idle seems to get stuck and not come
> down after I
>  change gears when the car gets warmed up.    I cleaned the throttle
> thoroughly and the
>  problem still remained, then I noticed that the "Oxygen Sensor
> Thermo-timing switch" had
>  been rewired again - wires shorted together.    When I disconnected the
> wires, the idle
>  dropped like a rock....(Same thing that happened at "Goodyear" a while
> back but I popped
>   the hood and fixed the problem in front of the mechanic).
>
>   Now the Idle will rise a couple of hundred RPM's and then drop as the
> radiator fan would run
> usually, and pulsate that way for a few minutes....and of course now the
> car burns twice as
> much gas as before, and the Mixture adjustment now seems to be reversed
> from what it
> previously was and doesn't seem to have an effect other than how the car
> idles....
>   If you turn "Clockwise" the idle decreases.....if you turn
> "CounterClockwise" the idle
> [...]

I must add that all of my problem really began when I took the car to "North
Lake Service
Center" in Tucker - Georgia.....
  Mileage was lost, Braking problems, etc, etc, etc, but almost all have been
corrected except
for the Mileage issue...
  Of course, the guys at "North Lake Service Center" assured me that there was
nothing
 wrong with my car...

                (Would anyone like to take a guess at what their motto is ??)

 |   Etop Udoh     | SOUTHERN POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY [89-##]     |
 |  P.O. Box 4234  |  Http://www.mindspring.com/~s_druid               |
 |  Marietta, Ga   |  Http://www.freeyellow.com/members7/sdruid        |
 |     30061       |  Http://www.homestead.com/~s_druid/files/index.htm|
 |-----------------|  Http://sdruid.iwarp.com                          |
 |                 |  Http://s_druid.home.mindspring.com               |
 |                 |  Http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/bit/9122  |
 |                 |  Http://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid       |
 |    *** s_druid@mindspring.com *** s_druid1@hotmail.com ***          |
 | Hey Americans, where are your "REAL" TV Camera's for the TRUTH      |