No Subject

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Like Shawn Meze and others have said, I would follow the book and get new
bolts.  16V engines commonly weep oil from the headgasket, so I wouldn't
take chances with your motor and increase the chance of having to do the job
over again.

Better yet, get the ARP head studs from Techtonics.  You get higher clamping
power (due to finer threads at the top where the nut goes on) and you can
reuse them indefinitely.  The only thing I don't like about the ARP head
studs is that the nuts are 1/2" 12 points.  HALF INCH!  Maybe I'm anal, but
I really hate having non-metric parts on my car in part because all my tools
are metric and I have no desire to go out and buy SAE.

Good luck,
Bradley
'86 Scirocco 16V 2.0 "T"
Misc Used Parts: http://dns.effervescent.com/vw/forsale.html