Re: Head Bolts

In a message dated 11/13/99 4:42:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dcewing@prodigy.net writes:

<< Just a quick question:  Do you HAVE TO buy new head bolts for a 16v when
 doing the head gasket?  It is really hard to justify buying head bolts for
 $125+ when the whole motor didn't even cost me that. >>

No, you do not have to buy new head bolts, however they do recommend it.  I
did not buy new head bolts when I re did my head.  That was four and a half
years ago and I have had no problems with the reused bolts.  Just make sure
you follow the Bentley exactly because it shows exactly how to tighten them
down.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html