Re: clutch problems?

<x-flowed>I think the blue RTV looks cooler. Especially when you use the Felpro
gaskets. Should we get a bigger hammer Earl? :) I am aware that those bolts
are stretch bolts, but man they sure seem to stretch forever. Just don't use
the 1/2 inch drive gun on the flywheel bolts, then they just seem to stretch
too much. :)

>From: Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com>
>To: green536@hotmail.com
>CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: clutch problems?
>Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:02:53 EST
>
>On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:02:46 PST "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
>writes:
> >Use locktite, replace everything (including seals!),
>

>Hey, dont stop there, gum it up with some red RTV for that extra dry
>feeling! LOL!!
>

> > replace the pushrod
> >bushing, don't replace the bolts (never had one break, but make sure
> >you get them tight enough!!!!). HTH and GL
>

>Not only should you replace the little pushrod seal, replace the output
>shaft seal too. Its not a written law that you have to replace the bolts,
>but you should. You "should" replace the flywheel and the pressure plate
>bolts. Like the headbolts, they're a stretch bolt meaning they're a one
>time use only.
>

>               Shawn Meze
>86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
>The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
>best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
>http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

>Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
>Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
>Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag