Re: Fuba/ SH*T GTI

<x-flowed>Looks like someone already answered the Fuba part of your question, so I'll
address the second part.  I would look at your fuel injectors.  Have you
checked for proper spray patterns?  I would guess that if you have checked
all the electrical components like you say you have, that the problem is a
clogged injector.  Of course, you could have a slipped timing belt or no
compression in a cylinder, but that is less likely.  To test the injector
spray patterns, you jumper the fuel pump, remove the intake air boot and the
injector you want to test.  Hold the injector over a bucket to catch the
fuel and pull up on the air sensor plate.  You should see a fine mist spray
in a conical pattern coming from the injector.  If you don't see that, then
the injector needs to be cleaned or replaced.  I bet at least one of your
injectors will not have a good spray.  Replace the injector O-rings before
you put them back in the manifold.

My Volvo (Bosch CIS) had this problem just 2 weeks ago.  Just tapping on one
of the injectors dislodged the clog and the car ran great again.  I really
need to change the injectors in that car.  You could try tapping on the
injectors first and see if that clears up your problem.  Use something
metallic like a socket extension.

HTH
Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Sidewinder

Second, my '84 rabbit gti is just about ready to go to the scrap yard.  It
runs like crap.  The problem started out as just hesatating when you give it
gas while driving down the road.  Now it sounds like it is running on 3
cylenders, and drives like a festiva could kick my ass.  I changed all
plugs, cap, rotor, and wires.  The firing order is correct, and i checked to
see if my distributer was loose causing the car to be out of time, it was
not.  I am not losing coolent, so i dont think that it is a head gasket.
Could the timing belt have jumped??  Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thank you

Jason Arms

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle