Re: Fiberglass Hood

I have heard nothing good about fiberglass hoods being used in a street driven
car, they vibrate and rattle during high speeds,
and yes between the heat of the eng compartment and dry hot weather I have heard
of them warping. Now mind that this is all stuff that I have heard, not
witnessed, so I have no hard evidence and or personal experience to solidify my
points, However if you are actually concerned about the weight of your car, and
you want a fiber hood for weight and performance purposes, to give you better
times. Then in that case it serves its purpose, and I say go for it. But if you
are gonna drive around town with it and use it as a general replacement for your
stock hood, from what I have heard, I wouldn't advise it. Too easy to damage and
generally doesn't last long.
Hey, Shawn, you know alot more about this stuff than I do, any thoughts?

Once again, This stuff is only what I have heard.
Nathan