Re: Fiberglass Hood

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:09:12 -0800 Nathan Malone <nmalone@sumagroup.com>
writes:
>I have heard nothing good about fiberglass hoods being used in a
>street driven car, they vibrate and rattle during high speeds,-snip-
>Hey, Shawn, you know alot more about this stuff than I do, any
>thoughts?

It really all depends on how the part (hood in this case) is made. If
they just made a knock off and didn't reinforce anything or made it very
thin, then it will fall apart. it will be very light but it could come
apart at high speeds. (Seen it happen once,) Thickness has everything to
do with durability. Other than the novelty of having a glass hood, I
wouldn't waste my money on it. Especially at $350 a pop. If this were a
full out racer or drag car, I might have to have one. Then again I can
get Carbon Kevelar hood for $425. Fiberglass is so old school. :)-

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and