Re: Subject: 4-wheel-disc

<x-charset iso-8859-1>It is simple, provided you get the rear subframe.  Unbolt your old one and bolt in the new one.  Some find it easier to swap one part than to unbolt and bolt-up both sides of the car.  It might cost marginally more this way, I think it is time effective.

Only the 16V Scirocco's came with 4WDB.  You could also use the rear subframe *from my understanding* from '85 and up 8V or 16V ('87 and up) GTI's or GLI's .  There is a great yard out past Fosters auto parts (about 1 mile) in Portland (that's where you live right?).  One of the younger guys that works there used to have a black 8V with the 2L Audi engine and the NLA Zender wide body wing (Z400?).  They might even be interested in taking your used parts.  Ask.

It's a good conversion, I still need to do it for my '84 GLI.  If it weren't for those damn financial aid loans and the fact that I don't have a job!

David Barwick
Black 88 16V
Anthracite 84 Jetta GLI
dbarwick@sprynet.com