From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Peter Walsh
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 8:00 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [TIRES] Need an opinion

Hi,

I am going to be purchasing tires for the front of my car soon (MK216v) and
I have a few picked out.  I need some opinions as to which are the best (all
about same price, and all are v or z rated). Here is the list:

Continental Interceptor Z 195-50R-15 83V   $69
Dunlop Sport 8000 195-50ZR-15  $73
Nitto  NT450 195-50VR-15   $62
Pirelli  P700Z 195-50VR-15  $61
Bridgestone Potenza RE71 195-50(v or z?)R-15 $67

I know of some people using the RE71s, they love em, and also the Nitto
NT450s, and they love em.  I was just wondering if you had the choice of
these tires for a good handling DAILY DRIVER, what would you choose?

Pete
BTW, it wont get driven in the snow unless necessary.