RE: Paint

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Peterson/Doty
>
> Check this out, I went by the body shop today to check on my car (nice
> little dent in passenger rear quarter) and it was almost
> ready for paint.
> The owner showed me the paint he's using and I almost yacked.
>  He sent the
> gas flap to be matched and it turns out the original paint
> has faded enough
> NOT to match the factory Flash Silver.  The label on the can
> he was holding
> had HONDA on it.  I can't remember the name of the color but
> I'm guessing
> it's something that came on Accords.  I guess it doesn't matter if it
> matches.  I swear this will not lead to rice.

Yeah, right.  Did you ever see the movie "Body Parts"?  They were using body
parts from convicted killers, etc., to replace limbs on other people or
something, and the limbs made their sane new owners do insane things, such
as turn into serial killers.  Before you know it, you'll have clear
taillights and a picnic table for a spoiler.  Then you'll get some
extra-wide spoked rims and ultra-low profile tires, and put them on spacers
so they are completely out from under the fenders.  The ricing is
inevitable.  8-)

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating