RE: Scirocco for sale!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Depends on where you live and how useful your local DMV chooses to be.  In
Indiana, the folks at the DMV go well out of their way to *not* give you any
information.  It's as if they've been trained to only answer yes or no,
because they will *never* tell you "no, but you could do this instead."
It's a real PITA to deal with them.

I bought a Karmann Ghia from a guy a couple years back, and he didn't send
the title for a couple months.  (sidebar - never buy a car unless the title
is with it at the time of sale.)  I talked to the nice people at the DMV,
and they assured me that there was nothing I could do as the buyer, even if
I had a bill of sale (which I did).  The guy had moved right after selling
me the car, but eventually he did send the title.  There was nothing I could
do to initiate it; it had to be initiated by the PO.

I still wonder if this is how it had to be according to state law, or if the
DMV was just giving me the runaround.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating