Re: new Rabbit GTi

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> > will the power steering off of my 84 scirocco wolfie fit on the rabbit?
> Sure.

That's right!

> > if so, how big of a pain in the ass is the job.
> Eh... I've never done it before...

Piece of cake! (meaning) One day of hazzle!

You need to swap the turning rack, get the power steering pump and its
fittings
from another engine, then the oil canister with min and max indicators and
three
tubes! (from pump to rack, from rack to canister and from canister to pump)
Then you must find those two extra wheels that are screwed one to flywheel
and
other to water pump and of course the belt that is going to run them!

Hardest part is swapping the turning rack!

And that's all!

Did it all 1 month ago, now driving my rocco is like driving a limousine!

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!