Re: 8v timeing belt question

<x-flowed>It depends on your engine code. What is it? If you have an 8v stock from a
scirocco then you should have no problems. If however, you have replaced the
engine with something from an A2 then you could have problems. From my
recollection the engines with valve collision are code letters : RD, RV, PL,
9A, PF. Those are the ones that i can think of off the top of my head. HTH

>From: "Speed Racer" <speed_racer84@hotmail.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: 8v timeing belt question
>Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 18:07:46 PST
>
>I don't remember where I read it but somewhere I came accross a statement
>saying that in one of the VW engines (late 80's 8v or 16v) can not jump
>time
>without damaging the valves or some other internal engine parts. It said
>that one did but the other didn't when the timing belt snaped. The reason I
>ask is mine bit the dust and now with new belt will not start. If anyone
>know sonethong about what I'm talking about would you please help me and
>clarify.
>TIA,
>
>Rob

Chris DeLong