Fabricating Your Own Parts

(The 1st time around it was 2:45 in the AM and I should not have been
driving, er typing. Lets try this again.)

My window scrapers are degenerating. Sometime back, to our great dismay
"A company who shall remain nameless" got out of the water cooled
replacement rubber biz to concentrate solely on air cooled cars. Since
then we have all wondered were window rubber, gasket, o-rings, and seals
etc. would come from as they age. In some respects folks can adapt or
fabricate their own parts. In other respects VW is still making some
items because they fit later cars. Below is some brainstorm or topic
starters I had come up with;

"Sorry we don't make than any more' Marketshare, demographics. "BAH".
'Sorry we have gotten out of that market'
Badgeless grills and body kits and rear spoilers, etc.
Components to Graft things that don't fit by default.
Euro parts as replacement or enhancement.
'Fill in the blank'
There used to be a guy that built the "component' that would pass smog
and avoid restrictive air flow, but I think he's out of the biz".

I've been looking at moldings and extrusion stuff. Might be able cottage
industry something up.

TBerk
The original subject line originally refers to soft rubber nonexistent
parts. We can make our own. In general it could be about almost any
part.