RE: Burning oil?!?!?!?!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>a compression test could show you if the chamber seal is compromised..

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 11:47 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Burning oil?!?!?!?!

I have a 16v Scirocco. I just had a 2.0L put in about 2 months ago. I got a
new head on my old 1.8L about a year ago. Before it was put on it was
cleaned
and inspected at a machine shop. I carried this head over to my 2.0L. Now my
car is burning oil. It is not leaking anywhere so I figure it has to be
burning it. Is there any tests that can be done to see what the culprit is?
Rings, valve seats, etc...... I just got the motor, I can't belive it is
burning oil. I do have 260 degree cams in it, if that has to do with
anything....  TIA..

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L