Burning oil?!?!?!?!

I have a 16v Scirocco. I just had a 2.0L put in about 2 months ago. I got a
new head on my old 1.8L about a year ago. Before it was put on it was cleaned
and inspected at a machine shop. I carried this head over to my 2.0L. Now my
car is burning oil. It is not leaking anywhere so I figure it has to be
burning it. Is there any tests that can be done to see what the culprit is?
Rings, valve seats, etc...... I just got the motor, I can't belive it is
burning oil. I do have 260 degree cams in it, if that has to do with
anything....  TIA..

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L