Trophy Marathon

<x-flowed>Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ sends me all kinds of flyers and stuff.  I
just got an interesting postcard. Thought I'd share:

Dear Trophy Racers,
     Starting This Saturday, November 6, and continuing on Saturday,
November 13 &20, raceway Park will be running a new concept in racing called
"TROPHY MARATHON".
     The more races you win, the larger the trophy.  If you are interested
... read on.

*How would you like to race an eliminator and if you lose, be able to race
again! AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!*
**TROPHY MARATHON**

     Make your first run, or as many as you wish out of lanes 1-4. the
Compulink Computer will likn up your quickest ET to your car number.  To
enter competition make your next runs out of Lane 8-12.  The computer will
automatically put your "dial-in" (your best ET so far) into the computer.
Everytime you run a better ET your Dial-in will change to your quickest time
automattically.  There will be no need to put a Dial-in on your car.

There will be no 'breakout'. The first person to the finish line wins each
race.
You will be allowed 6 races out of lanes 8-12. At the end of the day, the
computer will tally up your wins and losses. 6 wins puts you into a King Of
The Hill. Your trophy for the day, will be determined by the number of wins
out of lanes 8-12.  One win eill get you a dominator size trophy, two wins a
slightly larger trophy, and so on.
Think of this as throwing baseballs at the Boardwalk.  The more wins the
larger the prize.  In this case, it's trophies.  So in this way, you get to
run 6 times for a chance at a trophy.  The track management will expect you
to run as hard and as quick as you ca to set your dial-in.
So pass the word ... Trophy Marathon is coming.
regular Time Trials will also be available on these 3 Saturdays with a
special Trophy Championships taking place on the final Saturday, November
20.  All vehicles must be muffled.
You will be limited to how much under your dial-in you can run- we will be
watching for sandbagging.
You must make your qualifying run as quick as possible or the concept will
not work.  Gates open @9am and will run the show untill 5pm, but get there
early to make all the eliminations runs.

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop