RE: Re: H&R Coilovers

Here is what KWcoiloversÆ from europe has to say about lowering at 40mm
and 70mm.

"40mm Lowering

 Stock coilover strut(left) has reduced
travel, harsher damping, stiffer ride;
 KW threaded coilover strut(right)
 retains original ride qualities.

   70mm Lowering:

 Stock coilover strut(left) now has almost

zero travel and damping, ride is stiffer

due to increased spring compression;

KW threaded coilover strut retains original

spring length and ride qualities."

read it for yourself and look at the explanitory pictures at:

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/kw_susp.htm

BTW, it does appear (from the "pictures") that the KWcoilover strut/shock
body is indeed shorter. Thus collaborating what Chris is saying. I also
agree that the most advantageous aspect of coilover suspensions is the
ability to "corner balance" your car. However, the HPAmotorsports site
seems targeted at pushing coilovers as the way to "properly" lower your
car. I guess most of the money comes from image concious street drivers,
seeking to impress their friends by seeing who can leave the most paint
on speedbumps. The money form AutoX people probably pales in comparison.