Re: Parts?

<x-flowed>>Damn Brett, where do you come from?  Not hard to find a scirocco 50mm
>intake?  It took me 2 years to find one.

How hard could it be when I was still seeing them advertised in
European Car of all places?  I'm not sure it's still an item today,
but a few months ago it was.  Most of the tuners advertising now don't
mention our cars anymore.  Of course you'd pay top dollar, and I
mean $1,000 when I say that.

>Dirk finally got me one, but he had his eyes open for almost a year
>and thats in scirocco motherland.

I've talked to my father about getting me one, he lives in Germany also,
and from the yard people he's talked to, they are not willing to sell
just that part.  It's not that don't exist, it's just that they won't
part the engine/head/intake out like that.  Maybe it's just where he
lives, I don't know.

>I did run accross a couple in my years of looking, they usually sold
>the second
>they get it in.  RPI has a waiting list for them, the last one they got in
>(last winter or so), was sold in a day, and it went for over $1000 cdn!
>    if thats not hard to find, i'd hate to have to find a part you consider
>hard to get ;)

A NOS glovebox cover that has the 16v emblem?   Seriously, it's been
superceeded by the non-emblem glovebox lid, just ask Mike Leach.

>   I guess me being in Canada, i might be a little out of touch.  Are they
>really easy to come by down south?
>

>Owen

==Brett