Re: One more makes three!

The debate of 8V vs 16V has been exhausted but I'm looking at it in another
forum....

I already have an 8V in my Gti and my other Scirocco.  I want more power!
It's a blast driving the 8V's but I wanna work on another project.  I
already did a carb. to FI 8V conversion and I thought that it would be nice
to work on something different.  I was thinking of dropping a 1.8T motor,
but when I woke up and checked in my garage, it wasn't there.  I don't know
who took it or where I put it. But, I still do have the 16V head that's
sitting in my garage.  Gotta wait until after Dec. 4 (the big day).

So I'll figure it out but in the meantime, I need a new dash....any givers.

Sal

At 11:52 AM 02/11/99 -0800, you wrote:

>--- Sal Guzzo <yu129742@yorku.ca> wrote:
>> Adding to my collection, I picked up an 81 Scirocco
>> S....so that makes
>> three sciroccos for me.  The newest Scirocco, which I
>> just added to the
>> collection, includes the following goodies:
>>
>> Zender air dam and Zender side skirts,
>> Euro bumpers,
>> 1.8l PF motor (i think that's the code)
>> header with no cat (straight exhaust) and remus muffler
>> cam sprocket with cam (don't know what the cam is)
>> upper stress bar
>> Neuspeed TB
>> H4's and H1's
>> FUBA antenna
>> S interior
>> cracked dash (looking for a new one)
>> blacked out trim, etc.
>>
>Dude!  That's awesome!!!
>
>Next decision, do I
>> keep the 8V or slap
>> together that 16V I have sitting in the garage!
>
>That's a toss-up IMHO.  I really like the 16v engine, but I
>don't like the cost of getting more power from it.  The
>nice thing about the 8v is all the extra power that can be
>freed up relatively cheaply.  I intend to keep the 8v GLi
>engine that's in my '80 for quite some time - it's a blast
>to drive!
>>
>> I hope that I was allowed to post this message!
>
>Nope!  Only 3 Sciroccos!  ;)

81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (with all the goodies)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)