Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

"Jay D. Bichanich" wrote:

> Just checked my records.  I bought my Rocco 16V on 8/24/86.

> I remember I borrowed $12000 to get the car.  That was a big chunk of change back
> in those days.  Thirteen years later, she's long since been paid for, but I must
> admit I've sunk quite a bit into repairs, etc. since the 2 year warranty expired.

Hmm, 4 days (and not too many miles location-wise) apart.

I really think that one of the reasons the 'roc never was very successful
here was it was NOT a bargain by any stretch of the imagination!  I had
TOTALLY ignored VW's during this period - my loss - partly due to bad
experience with my '85 GTI, and also because cars like the Integra had
come along, that were built better and also a better value.  But a better
car??  Naaaah!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0