Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

"Jay D. Bichanich" wrote:

> I remember seeing my first 16V Scirocco a few months before that at a
> dealership in Hawthorne.  They were asking about $2000 over sticker price
> because it was one of the first available for sale.  That would have been
> around May/June '86.

I just dug out the original contract for my car.  The PO (original owner) gave
me the whole wad with the car when I bought it..

Mine was originally sold on 8/28/86, by Bill Yates VW in San Juan Capistrano
(now Capistrano VW).  Selling price was $12,915 plus T&L.  My VIN is 027583.

So - the story I got that it was #4 in California is obviously pure BS.

Cool that your the original owner.  Dick Wong up in the bay area is the
original owner of his Mk1.  That's what I call loyalty!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0