Re: 8V's as opposed to 16V's

Bought my 86.5 Scirocco 16V in August 1986 brand new from Felix Motors in
Downtown LA.  Had 15 mi on the odometer.

Production date (inside driver's door jamb) says 5/86.

I remember seeing my first 16V Scirocco a few months before that at a
dealership in Hawthorne.  They were asking about $2000 over sticker price
because it was one of the first available for sale.  That would have been
around May/June '86.

I waited till late summer for mine.

>From European Car Magazine 4/87 'Scirocco 16V Buyer's Guide':

Scirocco 16V US Sales figures: