HELP-Clicking noise when brakes applied.

On my way back from school today I slowed down for a red light.  When I did
this I heard a clicking noise which stopped when I was completely stopped.
It wont do it when your coasting.  Just when the brake is applied.  The car
was in neutral each time I braked. It sounds like it is coming from the right
front but I can't locate the noise.  I jacked up the car and turned the wheel
to see if I heard the noise but didnt.  What is wrong here?  Whatever it is
broke  did it in the hour and a half that I was in class.

Matt
'84 2.0