Re: Beep, Beep

<x-flowed>There is a circular metal strip on the end of the stering colum that
contacts a piece on the stering wheel that then goes through the horn button
and I think you get the idea. anyway after a while the circular part gets
worn in one spot (since you make lots of small adjustments going straight)
and eventually breaks. When it gets pushed so it hits ground the horn
sounds. Happened to me in my '81 so I just took the assembly from my parts
car and used alot of dielectric grease to make sure it wouldn't happen again
any time soon. HTH.

Bryan Geiszler
'81 Scirocco S