Re: New Air Dam Install tips needed pls

T Berk wrote:

> There was a useful tip on mounting the front air dam that involved the
> use of plastic clips on the sides to avoid tearing of the dam's holes if
> it meets the immovable object. THe idea is that the plastic clips
> (plugs, studs, ?) will shear unlike metal screws that would not give.
>
> I went to the web site and studied the pix but I'd like a little more
> details in terms of materials used, etc.

    That would be me!  =p  I found the plugs in a auto body supply
store.  I cant remember the exact name of the plug, but it is basically
a plug with a quarter inch shaft with black fins on it that make it so
once you press it into a hole, its tuff to take it back out.  ER, wait,
found the bag for the plugs!  Facia retainers for 3/16" hole, Ford
803170.
If you dont find that exact one, look for Facia retainers.  I am
guessing
its the style of the plug.  HTH!

> tia,
> TBerk
> Why did VW hook the Horn _and_ the Turn Signals to the same wire? <grrr>

    I dont think they did.  I think the horn is on the same circuit as
the back up circuit.  at least in my 79 it is.