New Air Dam Install tips needed pls

There was a useful tip on mounting the front air dam that involved the
use of plastic clips on the sides to avoid tearing of the dam's holes if
it meets the immovable object. THe idea is that the plastic clips
(plugs, studs, ?) will shear unlike metal screws that would not give.

I went to the web site and studied the pix but I'd like a little more
details in terms of materials used, etc.

tia,
TBerk
Why did VW hook the Horn _and_ the Turn Signals to the same wire? <grrr>