Re: Clutch cable

Richard Deede wrote:

> Hey everyone, My clutch feels VERY stiff and I just attributed it being a
> sport clutch.  But today, it felt much stiffer and it felt like it was
> rubbing/grinding on something, and now there is about an inch of free pedal
> travel before I fell the clutch engage at all.
<snip>
> TIA,
>
> Rich Deede
> 1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v
> 1987 Scirocco 16v- R.I.P.

You kind sir need to pop for about $20 worth of new cable.  The extra
slack is the cable stretching, the kind of thing it does when it is
frayed and will soon break. It should not be hard to the touch.

I just swapped out mine and had to learn to clutch all over again, it
was so easy to depress  the pedal.

Once you get the thing off you'll prob see how worn it is compared to
the new one..

Thems my thinks, If it feels bad, replace it.

TBerk