[Audio Tech] Air blowing thru hatch!

Speaking of sound deadening...

I've been asking for a year now on how to properly seal up the rear hatch to
allow zero air to come out. Everything inside is dynamatted and tightened
down. I mean NO rattles. At all. The exterior is perfect too, all except for
the air the subs blow out the back (at the top), which is essentially a
giant elongated blowhole. This space generates a pretty annoying burp at
each bass drop. What can i do to reseal this? I've tried foam, rubber,
plastic garbage bags... nothing works and repels moisture at the same time.
I also need to be sure the lid won't be lifted above the roof of the car
where it may catch any wind at high speeds.

Am I the only one who cares about clear sound here? Please help me out.

Thanks,

Pete
1980 Scirocco GTI 1.8L

file attached: warning-fbi.txt/469 bytes

     |ID-99032178  Subject: Jacobsen Pete|
     |FBI Record of Aliases and Sightings|
     |Fluid WD       http://Fast.to/Fluid|
     |Profile    http://come.to/myprofile|