Re: We Scirocco owners get NO respect!

Actually you will find that the average Englishman hasn't got a clue what a
Scirocco is but we had them on sale all the way to 1992 because everytime
Volkswagen said they were stopping production we Brits complained loudly and
ordered another boat load. Most of the last ones made are over here, mine is one
of the last 500.
They do however have an image of being a hairdressers car (In the South that is)
because real men drive Ford Escort XR3i/ RS Turbos supposedly so a lot of people
are put off by this.
However because they are not so well known/popular they are cheap to buy
i.e 1991 Scirocco Scala 1.8i 8v full history 60000m - £3000-£3500
or 1991 Golf Gti 8v full history 60000m - £5000-£6500
Because of this low purchase cost i have been told that they are becoming very
popular for modifications - this being the reason why you see a lot in the
magazine.

Andy
91 Scala (Golf in a dress)