Re: Getting acquainted with my Rocco!

In a message dated 5/27/99 11:27:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nathan@x5ca.net
writes:

<<  Perturbing is the OXS idiot light (idiot?  did you say idiot?), I
 assume this is the O2 sensor, and it's always on.   I guess this
 will probably need to be replaced?  Is this a relatively easy job? I
 have a Chilton's manual to follow along with .. it's not that great :-) >>

The OXS light uses the mileage counter to come on.  You can reset the light
and turn it off easily.  There is a little box behind the coolant overflow
tank.  The little box is connected to the speedometer cable.  There is a
botton on the box that you press all the way in, (I use a nail).  The light
comes on every 30,000 miles I think.
Hope this helps.

Brian 86 16v