Getting acquainted with my Rocco!

Hello again,
    just checking in.  I'm slowly (when I have time) making my
'84 8v clean, safe, and driveable .. things are going well .. easy
stuff like oil, plugs, etc is done .. the seats are leather, but gone
to hell.  Seat covers for now, I'll prowl the junkyards later.  Also
two large cracks in the dash .. they aren't gaping, but noticeable.
Yick.  Battery's been replaced so my alternator worries have been
quelled.

    Going to have to replace the exhaust, but I don't trust my
extremely limited mechanical aptitude for this one.  I was pretty
taxed just wiring in the new antenna (not the Fuba I've always
dreamed of).   I may just drop it off at a shop and bite the bullet
for a full exhaust system + installation.

    Perturbing is the OXS idiot light (idiot?  did you say idiot?), I
assume this is the O2 sensor, and it's always on.   I guess this
will probably need to be replaced?  Is this a relatively easy job? I
have a Chilton's manual to follow along with .. it's not that great :-)

    I keep driving around the block, tiny exhaust rattle and all .. I
loooove this car.   The paint is faded, but I'll let you know how a
wash and wax improves this.

    Farther down the road are suspension upgrades .. oh yeah and
I need a new shift knob - Castle Wolfsburg is kinda ground down by
the previous owners :-)

    Anyways, thanks for listening (or not listening :-)) .. I think I
may sleep in the car tonight.

    Oh yeah - anyone have any recommendations
for stuff/gook to restore the bumpers/moldings/spoiler?  Is there
something called 'Forever Black' ?  Looked for it at the local Cdn
Tire (Canadian equiv. to Pep Boys :-)) to no avail.

cheers and greasy hands (odd for a newfound amateur car tinkerer),
-Nathan