SV: Stock Yellow Mk1 pics (crazy engine)

Did you guys check out that engine?

http://24.5.122.61/andre/Yellow_Mk1/74scir-e.jpg

You could fit my whole car in there with all that extra space!
No but really check out how first it has an overflow tank,
second it goes directly to the block and third it looks like
somesort of radiator hoses go to the base of the carb.

And what's the problem? The overflow tank don't go to the block,
it goes to the water line that is on all Sciroccos, it's painted
shining black on this car, overflow tank was on the early
Sciroccos, 74-75 if memory is correct (and what I seen thrue the
years) and it doesn't go to the carb, it goes to the intake and
the intake is preheated with the coolant water or cooled, I
don't know which.

Some sort of pre-warm up? And that radiator is the size of most
oil coolers, must be a 1.1 liter.

Radiator isn't so small, the motor is probably a 1,5 70 hp

And waht do you think that black box between the batery and
overflow tank is? Washer fluid?

Yes. Because the air box is on the other side occupying all
space there.

Very clean and restored motor bay or is it taken from a sales
brochure?

Crazy.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4
Get your free Scirocco e-mail!!  your_name@scirocco.zzn.com
If you experience other problems, email:
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org