Re: Stock Yellow Mk1 pics (crazy engine)

---- Begin Original Message ----
 From: "Andre' Bjorkheim" <andreb@maxwell.ee.washington.edu>
Sent: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:45:31 -0700
To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Stock Yellow Mk1 pics up & short movie (non-roc)

Thanks to Tberk and Mark Hausler, I got some pics of stock yellow Mk1s.
I posted them to:

  http://24.5.122.61/andre/Yellow_Mk1/

Hard to say if the Marino yellow from the brochure is the same one as
the remainder of the pics.  Makes me wonder if they had 2 yellows.

On a side note, I would like to thank Paul Maione for finding this
neat site on which to make short movies.  Here is one of my movie
clips, requires shockwave flash to view

  http://www.dfilm.com/new_site/userMovies/236.html

========================

 André
 Lime Green 79 Scirocco ©
 ICQ #266870

Did you guys check out that engine?

http://24.5.122.61/andre/Yellow_Mk1/74scir-e.jpg

You could fit my whole car in there with all that extra space! No but really check out how first it has an overflow tank, second it goes directly to the block and third it looks like somesort of radiator hoses go to the base of the carb. Some sort of pre-warm up? And that radiator is the size of most oil coolers, must be a 1.1 liter. And waht do you think that black box between the batery and overflow tank is? Washer fluid?

Crazy.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4