ND show, Thanks to list members it was great!

The 1999 ND show is over now, some have made it home and
others are still on the way home.

Friday night we stayed on Highway 1 just north of S.B.
I experienced a rocket (or was it a 'rocco) launch at 2:43 AM. I also saw a
16v parked
in the hotel parking lot that I haven’t seen in 3 years. It is all BBS
kited out and has all
the Euro stuff on it. I was thinking about this car as we were driving up
the cost.

We has a nice drive up the cost and we even found a Scirocco in a ditch
on a twisty road. All the cars in our group ran great and I have a lot of
respect for the drivers too. Most of us kept our cars on the road at all
times.
Our radios worked great and the batteries did not fail us.

The dinner turned out to be great with a small show in the parking lot. I
met so many
people I hope I can remember some of the names. I am so impressed with
everyone.
This is a great group of people. I had my picts and toys at the table. I
did not get to spend
much time with Nate or Tberk but I know next time I will.

 I have to award top marks to the green MK1. This car has body work that is
unbelievable.
I would of loved to gone through all the MK1s but I just did not have
enough time.
Some of the group even liked my  87 16v silver car.

I want to thank Shawn and Julie for letting me stay in there room. Thanks,
you guys are great. I would have stayed in my own room but it looked like
the trip was off for me.
 At the last minute I canceled the reservation for my room because an
emergency
suddenly came up with the sale of our house. It turned out that I worked it
out
over the cell phone and I just went on the trip, A Scirocco meet is
important
to me and I did not want to miss this one.

The show was Great!! I think we had the highest concentration of Sciroccos
ever assembled
this far from Germany. It was incredible to see so many Sciroccos parked
nose to nose.  I think that there were a few non Scirocco cars at the show
but
we out classed them folks big time. One guy came up to me and offered to
buy my
car on the spot. He offered me $5000.00 for it. One other guy made me give
him my
E-mail address so he could ask me about buying my car too. He said "Yours
is the best
car at this show." Keep in mind that MY CAR IS NOT FOR SALE ! Kina cool.
If any one wants to sell a silver 16v let me know.

I hope to see this group soon. Next year could be great!!
Thanks for making this one of the best shows ever!!!
Doug
87  silver Scirocco 16v "GTX"
81 red Scirocco 8v "S"