SV: SV: SV: Wheel sizes

If 7.5 wheels rub both inside and out...it would seem that an
incorrect offset was
being used, or. I ran into an application where the rear
assembly on the rear of
a Scirocco was actually bent and pushed out of place.  We
aligned the spring
back to spec and it corrected the problem.  I have never run
into any rubbing with
a 7 inch wheel if the offset was 32 to 35mm.

Car has never been in an accident and nicely straight. What is
wrong with the offset if it rubs on both sides? Increase or
decrease offset doesn't matter becuase it will rub either in or
outside. 7,5" wide 16" works if the car isn't much lowered. But
as said earlier, a 7" wide rim would probobly worked fine. But
7*15 don't rub even when suspension is pushed together on the
bump stops.

Dale
> Problem was it rubbed both inside and outside, more on the
> outside if I had spacers but still both sides of the tire.
Only
> solution to that is thinner tire or widen the wheel well.
> The rubbing on the rear springs usually can be corrected with
> spacers and it
> gives a more aggressive appearance.
>
> Dale
> > I can't speak for other but my 82 (lowered) rubbed a set of
> > 7,5*16 with 205/40 on the back wheels, both against the
spring
> > and the outher fender lip so that was to wide tire. 7*16
would
> > probobly looked good but I changed to 7*15, first et40 but
now