Re: Fan timer (After-run fan)

In a message dated 5/22/99 11:18:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jason@scirocco.org writes:

<< Brian,
 	With my new (last fall) fan temp switch, my fan generally stays on
around
 a minute or so after I turn the car off.  The fan will stay on until the
 coolant is cooled to a certain temperature... so I'd say either your switch
 is making the fan run until it's cooled too much, or your car is running
 *real* hot.  I got the low-temp fan switch from Mark last year for $12 and
 it's GREAT! The fan is off under normal driving conditions, no matter how
 hot it is outside.  However, as soon as I stop for a few minutes, say at a
 long traffic light, it clicks on low-speed mode.  Once I start moving
 again, it shuts right off.  I have a stock 12-year-old thermostat.  The
 guage stays right above the LED and generally doesn't go any higher.
 	If your fan does eventually shut off, I'd suggest calling Mark and
 ordering the low-temp switch... it takes 10 minutes to install and is well
 worth the $12 just to keep your engine compartment cool.

 Jason >>
I totally agree with Jason, my car is running the exact same way. The passat
is currently a different story and I'm trying to learn more about that damn
Xtra after run switch it has on the head.  Anywho, back to the subject... I
think we need to stress that if this guy's car isn't cooling properly, the
lower fanswitch isn't going to help.  If the car is still running too HOT,
then his fan is going to keep running longer till the temps are cooler.
Catch my drift?  Now, anybody want to tell me their knowledge of the Motronic
after run switch on the front of the head?  I think mine is making the fan
come on too long.  hehehehe.. similar situation eh? TIA
Dan May
8716VScirocco
91PashitWagon
95.5Tacoma4x4