Fan timmer

Hello everyone, Here is a fan timer question.

Now that the weather has been real hot down here, I have been using my A/C
more.  But it seems like my fan stays on too long after I shut of my car off.
I went into the store and when I came out about 10 minutes later the fan was
still on.  What is the normal time the fan stays on and is that time
adjustible.  The fan only seems to stay on when I have my A/C on.  In the
past I remember it shuting off after 1-3 minutes. But ten minutes seems a bit
excesssive.  Hopefully this message is somewhat coherent after last night.
Thanks all
Brian 86 16v