SV: need help making coilovers

> hey folks, here's my dilemma.  i just recently (2 months ago?)
> purchased some new/used jamex coilovers from a friend of mine.
 they are
> james struts in the front,and bilstein struts in the back,
with jamex
> springs all around.

> 	anyways, my solution is this:
>
> 1. keep the jamex springs

First thing to do, throw away those Jamex springs. Jamex springs
has a bad bad reputation for sagging.

> 2. get koni red ride-adjustable strut inserts

Adjustable Koni or Bilstein inserts should keep you on the road,
and you have guarantee on the shock to

> 3. cut off the lower spring perch of my extra front stock
strut housings
> 4. weld new perches on (about an inch lower than stock height,
if the
> inserts allow it)

Watch out, I think you will get it to close to your front tire,
depending on tire dimension

> 5. drop the threaded sleeve overtop of the strut housing, and
drop that
> pig to the deck!

Watch out so you don't crash your drive axles to the body, you
certanly will have to widen the hole.

> 	does all this sound plausible?  is there another way to keep
the lower
> perch in place?  should i cut grooves into the strut housing
and work
> some large circlips in there instead??

The lower perch should actually be two pieces, two nuts you
tighten against eaxh other to lock them in the position you want