need help making coilovers

hey folks, here's my dilemma.  i just recently (2 months ago?)
purchased some new/used jamex coilovers from a friend of mine.  they are
james struts in the front,and bilstein struts in the back, with jamex
springs all around.

	they were pretty fun up until the cinci trip...now they're blown to
hell.  the rears were always blown, so that doesn't matter to me, but
the fronts are shot, too.  and they make a BIG difference.  it gets to
the point where i don't even want to drive the car cuz i don't feel safe
behind the wheel.  the car hits a bump, and it bounces around for quite
awhile, then settles down again...until i hit another bump, and so the
vicious cycle continues.

	anyways, my solution is this:

1. keep the jamex springs
2. get koni red ride-adjustable strut inserts
3. cut off the lower spring perch of my extra front stock strut housings
4. weld new perches on (about an inch lower than stock height, if the
inserts allow it)
5. drop the threaded sleeve overtop of the strut housing, and drop that
pig to the deck!

	does all this sound plausible?  is there another way to keep the lower
perch in place?  should i cut grooves into the strut housing and work
some large circlips in there instead??

	thanks for the advice!

jason
the mad bastard