where to get Koni's [was: RE: rear-steer?]

I got mine from Mike Potter at Virtual World. I didn't shop around a heck of
a lot, but saved a couple hundred bucks off of a local dealer's quote, even
after I paid to have a shop install/align them!

The way I figure, you can't go wrong with the "Scirocco.org preferred
dealers" such as Virtual World and AAB and a few others. There might be
slightly cheaper places out there, but unless you already know them, you're
taking a risk. I'm not saying I won't ever buy from someone else (especially
for smaller stuff that a local parts store or VW dealer might carry) but
these guys always get first consideration for expensive or specialty
purchases like suspension stuff.

I parked the 87 next to the 88 for the first time in a while last night. Now
that I've gotten used to the lowering kit, euro bumpers, and euro lights on
the 88, the 87 looks totally out of whack! It's so amazing how seemingly
minor changes like headlights, bumpers, and fender gaps can totally change
the look of a car! Man, someday this thing will look totally trick when I
get some $$$ for wheels...

FYI, I'm still driving the 88, and though I still notice that squirm in hard
corners, I haven't felt any signs of anything falling apart. After driving
the 87 for the first time in over a month yesterday, the 88 felt totally
glued to the road! Maybe it is a combination of worn bushings and the shocks
breaking in just a little?

Neal