Need HELP ASAP, Tranny Problem?

Okay, here is the scoop:

Tranny was put in at 232K mi, had it rebuilt at 235K mi because it SMSed
itself.  Now, I have 250K on it, tranny or CVs or something is screwed.
When I am stopping (below 5mph) it starts to feel like something is grinding
(and you can kinda feel it through the noise and  pedel).  I had to have it
flatbedded home.  When putting on and off the truck (with my car in neutral,
ebrake off) the front wheels would lock up ever few feet or so.  My question
is, WTF is wrong with my car? Just about everything on the front end has
been recently replaced (w/ in a year or so) except inner CVs.  Does not look
like fluid loss or anything, and I never noticed a fluid loss.  Another
thing, If you get going up to speed, its no problem, only when you are
stopping.

TIA
Pete