Re: Need HELP ASAP, Tranny Problem?

do you mean stopping as in applying brakes??? I had a simliar problem when
I lost a caliper bolt.
I lost the lower bolt, and when I would back up and apply brakes the
caliper would _rotate_ on the upper bolt and wedge against the wheel
locking it!! it was freaky. Imagine if i lost the upper bolt and it locked
up a wheel at 65... wow

Anyways.. check your brake and suspension bolts.

At 06:21 PM 5/17/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Okay, here is the scoop:
>
>Tranny was put in at 232K mi, had it rebuilt at 235K mi because it SMSed
>itself.  Now, I have 250K on it, tranny or CVs or something is screwed.
>When I am stopping (below 5mph) it starts to feel like something is grinding
>(and you can kinda feel it through the noise and  pedel).  I had to have it
>flatbedded home.  When putting on and off the truck (with my car in neutral,
>ebrake off) the front wheels would lock up ever few feet or so.  My question
>is, WTF is wrong with my car? Just about everything on the front end has
>been recently replaced (w/ in a year or so) except inner CVs.  Does not look
>like fluid loss or anything, and I never noticed a fluid loss.  Another
>thing, If you get going up to speed, its no problem, only when you are
>stopping.
>
>TIA
>Pete

Kevin Fry