airbox chopping

Does all this airbox chopping apply to 8V as well as 16V engines? I've just
got a stock 1.8 Scala. Is any of this pointless without new K&N airfilters
(what kind?) or exhausts, apart from the sound which admittedly seems a
good enough reason! What happens to your fuel economy?

On one of the web sites (scirocco.org ?) there's a list of modifications
for 16V models, does anyone have a similar one for 8V. I'm not over endowed
with cash or knowledge (yet?!) but I've got to start somewhere. Cheers for
the info about the   UK register, it sounds like it's worth doing.

take it easy, Spat '87 Scala