Engine

Ok,  my 85 8v is now over 250K kms.  It's not really running well.  On
Monday, I drove it up here to Ottawa on a 1000km trek, with no problems.
But the car had trouble going over 130kph.

Now, the question is:  Is this an engine problem, and if so, what are my
options of keeping the car on the road?  Also, with such an old stock
engine, will adding a sport cam, adj cam sprocket, new valves and sport
valve springs kill the lower end of the engine?

Thanks,

Mike