[Cincy] It's just about over.

Fellow Listers:

This weekend's roaring crowd has been reduced to a mere 4 people, and as
they themselves prepare to leave, they thought it fitting to rub it into
everyone's face who wasn't there, that this weekend was undeniably,
unabashedly, uncomparably, fabulously....  the best.

The total guest count barged right through the 30 mark over the past 3
days.  With sunny weather, mid-70 degree weather, and a beautiful breeze;
the atmosphere couldn't have been better.

Daun's house is the perfect setting for such an event; acres of rolling
grass fields littered with assorted VWs and a whole schwack of lunatics
driving them. :)

...and amazingly, (as of yet) no cars or people's fingers have been
damaged.  To an outsider, we might have looked like a bunch of <holy shit>
adults... but upon close inspection, Daun's yard was really a Tech Center
and a Social Gathering.  Neal Tovsen got a stereo install worthy of the
Bleeding Ear Award, John Van Vuren flipped his pickup, (well, the
taillights), Ellen got a upper stress bar, Jamie's car got a tink-sensing
diagnostic session, we drilled (or rather, mutilated) some airboxes, George
had a brake seisure, and Brett had the honor of hooking up approximately
753 cars to his multimeter to test DPR Current.

But, unquestionably, the highlight of the weekend was somehow convincing me
(Jason, that is), to get in a dinky single-engine airplane and fly around
in circles over 30+ idiots and their VWs parked in a field 800ft below.
Pictures, of course, to follow. :)

I know *none* of you will believe this-- but there was only ONE race.  Now,
those of you were there won't have to guess.  It was the
mad-bastard-type-person with the A1 Jetta and The List's Resident Redneck
in the pickup... Since they're both nuts behind the wheel, it came down
more to displacement than testosterone... and Jay won.  To date, no one's
beat him... Of course, that's just because he hasn't raced Brett yet.
<Insert cat fighting sounds here>

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
	Several tools were left in the garage.  If left unclaimed for more
than...um... 5 minutes, they become Daun's property, so act soon if you
recognize them:

	There are 4 flat-blade screwdrivers that now are homeless... if they're
yours, let Daun know.
	Someone also left a mint-condition 88 16V with a 2.0 P+P, G60 and Syncro.
But tough shit, I already claimed that. :)

	Here's a (hopefully complete) list of those listers who did show up:

Jason Cammisa 			87 16v		Silver
Daun Yeagley			Multi-Sciroccoed.
Neal Tovsen				88 16v		Red
Greg Frenzel				(with Neal)
Jay Brunberg				84 Sciretta 2.0 16v
Alee Dutsas				(with Jay)
Jody Bailey				Choo-choo
John Van Vuren			82 Psychotic Pickup 16v
Mike Leach				8? 16v		Red
Mark Markowicz			88 16v		Red
Ben Harder				86 16v		Black
Brett VanSprewenberg 	88 16v 	White (shitbox)
Jim Jarrett				93 Passat GLX Wagon
Jamie Spurlock			81S		Grey
Paul Maione				86 8v		Flash Silver	(avec ticket du speeding)
Nigel Heron				84 Wolfie	Black
Joshua Strait				88 16v		Black
Rich Zuk					8? 16v		Red

And then, of course, lotsa other people who aren't on the list... but are
cool anyways.

Shawn Meze was there in spirit, of course, because he tried to run up my
cell phone bill.  Little did he know, I wasn't roaming. Muhahahaha.

And that's all, folks.  We'll have lots of pictures on the web in the next
few days, as well as (I'm sure) many more posts from people here with stories.

In the meantime, we wish you all a safe trip home, and don't make plans for
next May, cause it's happening again.... and maybe in the fall, too?

Awwllrighty then, that's all for now.

Jason
Daun
John
Ellen
and assorted Yeagley family members. :)  (Woohoo! The one car that broke
down all weekend?  It was Daun's sister Meredith's Saturn... she swears now
she wants a Jetta.  We got a CONVERT!! WooHoo!) :)
[Get used to repair bills now, Mer...]

tty'all later!