Re: radar detectors

>From: Pei-Chung Ting <chungsteroonie@yahoo.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: radar detectors
>Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 01:53:38 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hello everyone,
>
>Not that I would ever speed or anything, but can someone recommend a
>good radar detector? . . that's reasonably priced.  I've also been
>reading up on laser jamming devices.  Seems like radar detecting and
>active or passive laser jamming is the best legal and economic combo
>presently.  I'm just looking for some go-fast parts that will pay for
>themselves rather quickly in ticket savings.  Insurance against
>insurance I guess.
>
>-'Chung
>'88 16v "Viking Woman"
I don't think you have to worry about admitting you speed here. I'm sure
most of the people on this list drive pretty fast. In my opinion radar
detectors are a waste of money. I've never had one, and I have no speeding
tickets on my driving record. Everyone I know with radar detectors ends up
getting caught. They think this makes them invincible.

Jorel Jackson
'85 Scirocco