Re: Scirocco Frame

Hey Dale,
The Autotech piece is indeed a nice triangulated support, but it is
illegal in SCCA Solo II DSP class, that is why I stick to the
Neuspeed bar alone.  I would also like to use it on the dirt cars,
but that is illegal also  :^(

FYI, if you can find a 16V lower stress bar, that will work just as
good as the Autotech bar, but good luck finding one in a bone yard.

I can't wait until next Friday, I am still in the points lead at
Linda's Speedway, 20 points ahead of my teammate.  Sciroccos are
one-two in the Thunders  :^)

> I also use the Neuspeed lower stress bar (as well as upper) on my 86.  In addition, I use
> the subframe from Autotech.....It does a great job of tying the lower front end together.
> I have found no stress cracks since the addition of the subfraame.
>
> Dale
> 86 2.0 16v rocco
> 82 2.1 16v rocco (Zender 400 w/NOS)

Ken Buck
1999 Philadelphia Region SCCA RE
78 DSP VW Scirocco- regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway(retired in 1998, but back in 99!!)
84 Scirocco daily driver 216,000 miles and still screaming
66 Olds F-85, second owner, second set of tires.