neuspeed race springs

Hi aaron,

So I'd like to put some tougher springs on my 'rocco.  Also interested in
lowering the car.

First with the lowering:  neuspeed tells me the sport and the race springs
both drop the car 1.25".  that I'm ok with, I bet it looks NICE.  Do I need
to be concerned with rubbing or offset?  I am currently running the OEM
teardrops and 185/65-14 rubber.  I would like to go to 15x7 with 195/55-15
(same tire diameter, somewhat wider tread).  Would the 1.25" drop cause any
problems with the 14" teardrops?  The 15x7's?

Now the spring rates:  I'd like a firmer setup than stock - but don't want
to get rattled to death.  I'm not racing, but would like top performance
from my springs.  Nice quick reactions on lane changes, solid setup for some
high speed runs and aggressive cornering in the essess.  From your last
message, it sounded like the neuspeed race springs were entirely live-able
on a daily driver.  That is a daily driver that likes to run his commute
hard in the am and pm - which is what I'd like.  How's the cabin
shake/rattle over bumps?  What are your thoughts?  I'm willing to put up
with lots of stiffness - this is my FUN car - I just don't want to rattle my
cabin apart.

Would I be better off with the sports or the race? Thoughts?

PS - I'm planning the 2.0 conversion, so I'm taking the anticipated power
gains into my spring purchase decision.