Lovin the new ride!! [was:RE: neuspeed race springs]

I can't speak directly to Neuspeed Race springs, but I literally *just* got
my car from the shop (SouthCentral Imports...highly recommended in Mpls). I
got Koni adjustables and H&R lowering springs from Mike & Kristin Potter at
www.parts4vws.com, and they are SWEET!!! Thank you, Potters!!!

The springs also lower the car ~1.5 inches and I have no problems with my
stock teardrops. You wouldn't have any problem with the 15" either. From
what I've heard on the list, you don't have too much to worry about until
you get to 16" or 17" wheels.

The springs/shocks are a little stiffer than stock, but completely livable.
It isn't at all harsh, and I didn't notice any new rattles or squeaks that
weren't there before. There wasn't any cabin-crashing noise, either (I was a
little worried about that, too). The handling is nothing short of
incredible. I work in a business park that is a series of looping two lane,
one-way streets with lots of short climbs/decents, off-camber curves, etc.
It's a perfect race course! I just did almost the whole thing at 50+ miles
an hour. The only car I've ridden in that felt even close to my new
suspension was a former coworker's 89 BMW M3. Even though it's the same age,
the M3 is STILL a $15000 car! I'd say my little $4k Scirocco could keep up
with it just fine. I wish he was still around so I could find out. Man, if I
put $15k into my car, it would *waste* a stock M3!

So...in the end, GET THE SPRINGS/SHOCKS! They really kick ass, and I haven't
even had a chance to dial in the adjustable shocks yet. I can't wait for the
drive to Cincy tomorrow. See you there!

Neal